We believe in utilising only the freshest produce of the season and it happens to be the season of the king of fruits – mangoes!
So what better way to celebrate it than to update our menu with delicious mango based dishes – including our spicy mango curry? Made our of raw mangoes with an undertone of yummy coconut flavour, it makes for a great seasonal curry dish when accompanied with Kerala red rice.
01. Raw mango (peeled and diced) – 200 gm
02. Coconut milk powder – 500 gm
03. Refined Oil – 15 ml
04. Methi seeds – 1 gm
05. Mustard seeds – 2 gm
06. Curry leaves – 10 no.
07. Chopped onion – 400 gm
08. Chopped tomato – 400 gm
09. Chopped Ginger – 10 gm
10. Chopped green chilli – 10 gm
11. Ginger and garlic paste – 15 gm
12. Kashmiri Red chilli powder – 5 gm
13. Turmeric powder – 3 gm
14. Salt to taste
15. Tamarind pulp – 50 ml
16. Kerala red rice (soaked for 2 hrs) – 200 gm
01. Heat oil in a pan, add methi seeds and mustard seeds and let it crackle. Add curry leaves and onion, cook till onion becomes translucent. Add tomato,
02. Add curry leaves and onion, cook till onion becomes translucent.
03. Add tomato, ginger and chilli and sauté for 2 minutes.
04. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
05. Add diluted coconut milk powder (1 part of powder with 1 part of warm water), add chilli powder, turmeric, salt and the diced raw mango. Let it simmer until the gravy is slightly thick and the mango becomes tender.
06. Add tamarind pulp to give a tangy flavour. Remove from heat.
07. Boil the rice until cooked well done. Serve hot mango curry with kerala red rice.
Enjoy this healthy recipe that celebrates mango season and makes AnnaMaya Delhi one of the best restaurants in Delhi!
Located at Andaz Delhi in Aerocity, near IGI Airport, as well as Gurgaon’s business centre, #AnnaMayaDelhi exists to help the indigenous neighbourhood through menus revolving around locally sourced organic artisanal products, for they must be made in India and empower people and places. Great food is just an added bonus. Rated among the best 5 star restaurants in Delhi, AnnaMaya is open 24/7 making it a preferred choice for late night food in Delhi.