01. Wash the Banyard millet 4 to 5 times and soak in water for about an hour.
02. Wash the moong dal twice and soak in water for 15 minutes.
03. Par boil the dal and keep aside.
04. Par boil the millet also and keep aside.
05. Heat ghee in a pan add hing and cumin seeds, let it crackle.
06. Add all onion and sauté for 2 minutes then add and par boiled dal and millet, add water just to cover up the khichdi and let it cook on slow flame.
07. Add all the remaining chopped vegetables, season the khichdi with salt.
08. Once cooked, finish the khichdi with lemon juice
09. Serve hot with smoked roasted papad, cumin raita and kumaoni pickles.