We’re celebrating a week full of Millets from 11th to 18th March 2018.
Click here to know more!
While we consume a varied variety of food each day, sometimes heavy…light on other instances, one thing that we can never go wrong with is good old khichdi.
We’ve taken this household comfort food and given it our twist by making it with barnyard millet instead of rice. With iron content significantly higher than that of rice, this dish can very well be termed as a superfood for a healthier lifestyle and we’re sure that it will be the best home-style khichdi that you will taste in Delhi.
01. Split yellow moong dal – 200 gm
02. Little millet – 100 gm
03. Desi Ghee – 20 gm
04. Hing – pinch
05. Cumin – 5 gm
06. Chopped onion – 30 gm
07. Chopped carrot – 15 gm
08. Chopped beans – 15 gm
09. Chopped green chili – 5 gm
10. Chopped Corianted – 5 gm
11. Chopped Ginger – 3 gm
12. Salt – to taste
13. Lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
01. Wash the Banyard millet 4 to 5 times and soak in water for about an hour.
02. Wash the moong dal twice and soak in water for 15 minutes.
03. Par boil the dal and keep aside.
04. Par boil the millet also and keep aside.
05. Heat ghee in a pan add hing and cumin seeds, let it crackle.
06. Add all onion and sauté for 2 minutes then add and par boiled dal and millet, add water just to cover up the khichdi and let it cook on slow flame.
07. Add all the remaining chopped vegetables, season the khichdi with salt.
08. Once cooked, finish the khichdi with lemon juice
09. Serve hot with smoked roasted papad, cumin raita and kumaoni pickles.